Due to popular demand, I’m pleased to announce that I am back with a special Q&A to celebrate 50 followers! Yay 🎉!
This post is also my first collab *celebrates in the corner* with the wonderful Maggie, from Dreaming of Guatemala. Please do check out her blog – she posts such lovely & inspirational content that is guaranteed to make you smile! 😊 She is so kind, and great to work with so I’m very grateful to have worked with her!
So, how is this going to work? Well, we both asked each other 10 questions for the other person to answer, so you get to learn a bit about Maggie as well as me!This way, I can also do a Q&A and collab at the same time. We shall both be posting each others questions and answers, as well as our questions and answers on our blogs; don’t view this an excuse for you to not visit Maggie’s blog though! 😂
Without further ado:
Maggie’s Answers to my questions 💙!
1. If I asked a member of your family or a friend what you are like, what do you think they would they say? Ooh this is such an interesting question! 💖 Hmm, they’d probably say that I’m smart, witty, helpful, creative, and kind.
2. On your blog, you say that you love to make people laugh, what’s your best joke? I haven’t talked about this on my blog, but my sense of humor is improvisational and observational. That means that I can’t make jokes on command, because I base my comedy off of my surroundings! However, if you’d like an example of what my jokes are like, this is one that I wrote down shortly after saying it: “The seasonal aisle after the holidays are crazy. I mean, they set it up to the point where discounted items are literally falling off the shelves at your feet! It’s like, “What did I just step on? I guess I’d better buy it…”
3. What’s your favourite quote, or the one you find most inspirational? Ooh that’s a tough one!! I have so many favorites (mainly because of Pinterest haha), but here’s one that I think is really good: “You must strive to find your own voice, because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all.” – Robin Williams
4. When you set up Dreaming of Guatemala, did you think that you’d reach where you are today? NOT IN THE LEAST. In the first couple of weeks after I created my blog, which was in January of 2017, I thought that it would always be a small Christian lifestyle site, with a maximum following of maybe a few hundred or so. The months that followed proved that initial mindset wrong, which I was perfectly fine with because I adored getting to virtually meet and talk to so many people! Having the ability to reach as many as I do is a huge blessing, which I definitely don’t take for granted.
5. What are your blogging goals at the moment? Well, eventually getting to 3k would be really cool! Aside from that, I would just like to keep up with posting at least once a week.
6. Which country would you like to visit the most, and why? Ireland!! I adore everything about it: the people, the landscapes, the music, the culture, the food … just yes!!!
7. Currently, what is your favourite book? Right now, I’m reading an interesting book containing letters that a former US President (George H. W. Bush) wrote both before and while he was in office. I’m a bit of a nerd haha, I enjoy historical stuff like this!
8. Are you a books or movies person? That’s honestly a tough question for me. When it comes to movie adaptions, I’ll always like the book over the movie! But more recently, I’ve been watching more movies than I have been reading books. I’m really not sure, haha
9. How many languages have you learnt, or attempted to learn? I’m fluent in English, I know a lot of Spanish (I’m on my way to fluency!), aaand that’s really it.
10. What is your favourite language to speak? English, definitely! But Spanish is also a lot of fun.
Thank you so much Maggie for your wonderful answers to my questions! I love the part in which you say that your humour is mainly improvisational or observational – I am 100% the same! (By the way, your joke made me laugh 😉!) Also, I wish you all the best with becoming fluent in Spanish, as well as trying to reach 3k followers on your blog 😊! Thank you for taking the time to answer my Q’s too.
My answers to Maggie’s Questions 💗!
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
Mainly, I think I started blogging because I was in need of a hobby after I became a bit bored during the Summer Holidays, and as I love to write, one day I was like ‘why don’t I start a blog!’. I’ve thought of starting the blog in the past, but I felt that this was the right time for me to start Autumn’s Angle!
- Aside from blogging, what are your other hobbies and interests?
Well, I love being in the mountains. I love to snow & ice climb as well as rock climb; there’s something so special about walking to the top of a 1000-meter peak and feeling so lucky to soak up & appreciate the views. I wrote a little section in my blog called my ‘Chamonix Adventure’, so do check it out if you’re interested! Also, I am a self-confessed bookworm, normally I’ll have at least one book on the go, sometimes possibly 2 or 3…
- What is your dream job and why?
Ooh… tough question! If you ask anyone I know, they’ll tell you I have many aspirations. Obviously, it’d be amazing to be a blogger, but apart from that my dream jobs range from owning a business to becoming a heart surgeon, so as you can see I’m keeping my options open! I’d also love to write a book at least once in my life, perhaps as an aside job/ escapism from daily life.
- A few things that make you really happy?
Fresh air, swimming, watching musicals, baking (sometimes this can make me stressed and or frustrated though if it doesn’t go well…), & blogging, to name a few! 💞
- What are some things you want to accomplish in 2019?
I haven’t really thought much about 2019 yet, but I’d love to get Autumn’s Angle to 200, possibly even 300 followers. I’d love my blog to expand even more as I have found a true passion for anything blog related!
I’d like to do something charity related too. I’ve raised money for a charity in the past, and I really enjoyed putting a lot of effort into a good cause.
I also would love to climb another couple of mountains in the Alps! As we went last year though, I’m not necessarily sure if I’ll be able to go again next year, but if I can then, whoop!
- What’s the nicest compliment you’ve ever received?
… This question has made me think! I’ve now realised that I have received a lot of compliments in the past, and I will admit to loving giving compliments too. Some of the nicest comments come from the blogging community, so I have to thank everyone for that!! Another example is from a couple of weeks ago when a lovely couple went out of their way to tell me that I was such a polite young lady! That truly was a moment when my heart swelled with pride, so I would have to put that in the mix as well!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live?
Another hard question! I’d say that I would love to live in the town of Zermatt, in Switzerland. It’s been my favourite holiday destination for as long as I can remember, and I would do anything to live there!
- What are three things you can’t live without?
Probably, and I hate to say this, my laptop, a bed (who invented camping?) and my photo albums (these contain special memories – I love them).
- What are your blogging goals at the moment?
Well, I’d love to reach 100 followers by the new year! And then 200, 300, and so on… Another goal of mine is to familiarise myself with all kinds of posts. For example, a how-to, a tag, a collab (tick ✅!), etc! I’d also love to remove the ‘.wordpress’ part of my URL, but the time will come for that!
- What’s a quote that really inspires you?
No! Now this question really IS too hard… I have too many! *checks if I can put 2*
First one: ‘Dream BIG and dare to fail’
Second one: ‘Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind’
Wow! Weren’t they good questions! 💚 An incredibly MASSIVE thank you to Maggie for those wonderful questions and for truly making me think when answering them! If I’d created some questions for myself, then I’d probably never have thought of these, so thank you Maggie! Remember to check out Maggie’s blog too everyone 🎉😊 !
So, what did you think? Did you like our Q&A?
If you’ve got any other questions for me, then make sure you comment down below – I’m happy to answer any other questions! 🎉
Hope everyone’s week back at school is good so far 😊,
Lots of love,